“GO WTO” CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES TODAY
Major Public Campaign will Inform and Promote
Clean WTO Exit from the EU
Political support secured and growing
Brexit Facts4EU.Org is pleased to announce that the ‘WTO – The Way To Go’ (or more simply ‘Go WTO’) campaign is now underway.
It starts today and we will be making a series of announcements over the coming days. See below for our first announcements.
- To present the positive case of the clean Brexit opportunity represented by an exit on WTO terms
- To provide a means for the public to express their support for this to their MPs
- To ensure that the UK exits the EU according to the decision of the British people, on 29 March 2019
What does the ‘Go WTO’ campaign consist of?
- 1-page PDF summary of the “Go WTO” solution, to send to MPs
- Press release and PR team in place, to get supporting MPs onto TV and in the papers
- Widespread, paid social media campaign
- Specially-created tiles (images with text embedded with punchy messages) for social media
- Summary articles on aspects of WTO exit, with a dedicated WTO section
- This newly-revamped, user-friendly website
Political support has started
Yesterday – on their first day back in Parliament – three MPs immediately declared their support for the campaign and we expect more such responses today.
These MPs have kindly offered to make themselves available for TV and press interviews and our PR agency will be working with them today.
Who is backing the campaign on its first day?
- The Rt Hon David Jones MP (Con)
Formerly Minister of State for Exiting the European Union and formerly Secretary of State for Wales
- Andrea Jenkyns MP (Con)
MP for Morley and Outwood, who famously defeated Ed Balls in 2015. Member of the Exiting the European Union Select Committee
- Graham Stringer MP (Lab)
Member of Parliament for Blackley and Broughton, a consistent and prominent Eurosceptic in the Parliamentary Labour Party
It is important for any public campaign like this to have the support of MPs who respect the vote to leave the European Union. All three have made themselves available today and over the coming days, for interviews with the BBC, Sky News, and ITN, as well as to the press.
On behalf of our readers we would like to thank David Jones, Andrea Jenkyns and Graham Stringer for their support and we look forward to making further announcements about MPs later today.
Support From Other Pro-Brexit Organisations
We have worked to ensure the support of other major Brexit organisations and have the support of the Chair of a coalition of these groups – a coalition of which Brexit Facts4EU.Org is a part.
We now have pledges to back and promote the ‘Go WTO’ public campaign from some, and we expect more today. We will make announcements on this later today.
What You Can Do To Support This Public Campaign
There are three elements to any successful campaign like this:-
- Public support
- Political support
- Campaign support from organisations
The first of the above is vital. In the next article we are providing a simple but effective means by which all members of the general public can make a real difference.
To do something practical and make a difference, see the next article!
This article first appeared on 08 January 2019, following a soft launch in December. Please use the hastag #GoWTO if promoting this on social media. Thank you.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT : You can write your comment under any existing comments below. After you have clicked to preview your comment, you MUST then click on the CAPTCHA system and send you comment, for it to be published. Thank you!