The EU is continuously growing and expanding its reach geographically and into all areas of our lives. Voting ‘Remain’ means a vote for an uncertain future
. Here are some facts.
1. The EU is in the process of agreeing to accelerate Turkey’s membership application.
2. Turkey’s population is 78.7 million and is 99% Islamic, with 85,412 mosques
. When it joins, it will be the largest country in the EU
and will have the most MEPs in the European Parliament.
3. The EU plans to waive all visa requirements for Turks from June this year
. Mr Cameron has always supported Turkey’s application for EU membership
4. In 2014, the EU accepted Mayotte as part of the EU. Mayotte is a French island off southern Africa, with a 97% Islamic population. Half the population are under 18 years old and only 29% of adults are employed
. This is the latest of the enlargements of the EU, about which British people are told little.
5. Who’s next? 13 other territories are in various stages of negotiating to joining the EU
, including Turkey, 6 Balkan countries, 3 Caribbean islands, and 3 more Eastern European countries. So voting ‘Remain’ means an uncertain and expanding EU, with fewer and fewer voting rights for the UK.
Remaining In The EU Means Change – Leaving Means Taking Control.
[Sources: EU Council Directive 2013/61/EU – Mayotte. INSEE (French National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies) : Résultats statistiques de Mayotte. Official Turkish Statistical Institute: Cultural Statistics 2013. Turkstat Census of Population 28 Jan 2016. EU Commission European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations 2016.]